City of Hoover, Alabama
INVITATION TO BID
Bid No. 22-020
Hoover – Applecross Pump Station Improvements Project
The City of Hoover, Alabama will receive separate sealed bids for the Applecross Pump Station Improvements Project at Hoover City Hall, 100 Municipal Lane, Hoover, Alabama 35216, until 2:00PM, local Hoover time, on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 and, then, at said time, publicly open and read the bids aloud.
The work to be bid on is as follows:
All labor, materials, labor, services, and equipment necessary for completion of the following items:
- Mobilization and demobilization in accordance with Section 01 05 05 – Mobilization and Demobilization
- Abandonment of existing “can” pump station
- Removal and replacement electrical equipment
- Rehabilitation and installation of monolithic lining of existing wet well
- Installation of packaged pump station, piping, pumps and appurtenances, and precast concrete vault
- Installation of aerial metal work platform, railing, and access stairs
- Installation of asphalt parking area and retaining walls
- Site clearing, grubbing, and grading
- Connection to existing force main and installation of new plug valve and wye connection
- All associated site work, erosion and sediment control, and return of any disturbed areas to preexisting condition
The allotted time for construction is 150 days to Substantial Completion, and 180 calendar days to Final Acceptance.
The information for bidders, bid form, form of agreement, drawings, specifications, bond forms, and other contract documents may be examined at the addresses below:
City of Hoover Website
Electronic Copies of the Contract Documents may be obtained by contacting the Gresham Smith office at the phone number below or by email at .
All potential bidders must adhere to the following schedule for bids to be considered as responsive:
- Bidder’s Qualification Statements must be submitted by 5:00PM, local Hoover time, on November 14, 2022. Earlier submission is encouraged and may result in earlier notification of status.
- Potential bidders will be notified of qualification status by 12:00PM, November 16, 2022.
- A mandatory, virtual pre-bid conference is scheduled for 10:00AM on November 17, 2022. Link and call-in information will be provided to pre-qualified bidders before meeting.
- Any questions must be submitted to Gresham Smith by 5:00PM on November 21, 2022.
- Questions and Bidder’s Qualification Statement should be submitted to the Engineer:
Attn: Andrew Kirby
Bids should be submitted to:
The City of Hoover, Alabama, at Hoover City Hall
Attn: City Clerk, Wendy Dickerson
100 Municipal Lane
Hoover, Alabama 35216
A Bid Bond in an amount of not less than five percent (5%) of the total amount Bid (not to exceed $10,000) must accompany each proposal. The payee of such bond shall be The City of Hoover, Alabama. The Bid Bond shall bear the same date as set for the receipt of Bids. The Bid Bond shall be signed by an agent authorized to do business in the State of Alabama.
The City of Hoover hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, gender, religion, age, disability, marital status or national origin in consideration for an award.
The attention of Bidders is called to the provisions of Section 31-13-9, Code of Alabama 1975 relating to Immigration Law compliance and documentation thereof (i.e. participation in the Federal E-Verify program). The successful Bidder will be required to sign a contract that includes the following provision related to Immigration: 'By signing this contract, the contracting parties affirm, for the duration of the agreement, that they will not violate federal immigration law or knowingly employ, hire for employment or continue to employ an unauthorized alien within the state of Alabama. Furthermore, a contracting party found to be in violation of this provision shall be deemed in breach of the agreement and shall be responsible for all damages resulting therefrom.
No bid may be withdrawn within 60 days after the bid opening date.
The Owner reserves the right to waive any informality or to reject any and all bids.
NOTICE OF SALES & USE TAX EXEMPTION
As allowed pursuant to Alabama Legislative Act 2013-205 (the “Act”), Owner provides notice to the Contractor (including its subcontractors and sub-subcontractors) that Owner intends for the Contractor to purchase all tangible personal property eligible for exemption under the Act and necessary for the performance of the Contract under the tax exemption provisions set forth in the Act. The Base Bid (and all Alternate Bids, if applicable) submitted on the Bid Proposal form WILL EXCLUDE the cost of all state, county, and municipal sales and use taxes. These taxes will be itemized in another section of the Bid Proposal. The Contractor, subcontractors, sub subcontractors, and all material suppliers are hereby made aware of the intent of the Owner to reduce the construction cost of the project by the purchase of eligible tangible personal property exempt from taxation under the Act. The Contractor shall not arbitrarily withhold his consent to the arrangement. Any and all administrative costs incurred by the Contractor in complying with the provisions of the Act shall be included in the Contractor’s Base Bid Proposal.
END OF DOCUMENT
©2022 Gresham Smith. All rights reserved. Use subject to any written agreement with Gresham Smith.